Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Avoidance

I am a really good avoider.  I avoid doing housework by checking my email.  I avoid doing dishes by checking Facebook.  I avoid going to bed by reading a book.  I avoid playing with my kids by hitting refresh just in case another email has arrived!  

Some days I simply just try to avoid life.  Not my best days.  So how to embrace my now?

I think sometimes I think that by avoiding I will get something better.  If I wait long enough, the dishes will get done and my kids will suddenly decide to amuse themselves and we'll all be happy.   Yeah right.

In reality I know that if I decided to just stop avoiding, we would all be happier.  Things would get done on time, I wouldn't be frustrated by a pile of work that I've let build up, and my kids would not have to whine to get my attention because I was trying to avoid my responsibilities as a mother.

So now what...

Schedule.  Do not wait.  Plan ahead.  Enjoy my children in all their many facets.  (crying and smiling!)  Stop checking my email 10 times a day just on the chance something exciting has happened...

No comments:

Post a Comment